Comprehensive List of Features of Kesem Technology hosted Voice over IP (VoIP) Offering
40+ Calling features
Kesem’s Hosted PBX service gives small and medium-sized businesses the same enterprise-grade desktop calling features found in Fortune 500 companies. Key features include:
Manage all aspects of the phone system from a web-based portal. View current and past invoices, make changes to phones, create voicemail groups, upload hold music, create paging groups, view call history and much more.
Paging allows you to speak to all phones at the same time through the speakerphone. Paging is used to make announcements or to let people know about a parked call.
Alphanumeric LCD Display
The phone’s LCD displays shows the phone’s number, extension and inbound caller information.
Automatic Answer Mode
You may program your desk phone to work in auto-answer mode. In this mode the speakerphone key light flashes red, and when you receive an internal call you hear a burst of tone and the call is connected automatically.
Automatic Line Selection
This function allows users to make external calls without having to enter the line access codes (9, 8).
Up to ten phone numbers can be blocked from reaching your phone when a caller attempts to call you from one of these numbers.
Call Forward Always
The desk phone can be configured to forward all calls received at an extension without ringing the extension to voicemail, another internal extension, or an external number such as a cell phone.
Call Park and Pickup
Parking a call is very similar to putting a call on hold. The key difference is, when you put a call on hold you can only retrieve the held call from the phone that put the call on hold. With Call Park, you can put a call on hold and pick it up from ANY phone. Up to 4 calls can be parked system-wide at any given time.
Two types of call recording are available.
- Automatic call recording records all calls placed through the HPBX system from the beginning of the call to the end.
- On Demand allows the user to record a call on demand by pressing of a few phone keys.
Call Transfer External
This feature allows an extension to transfer a call to an external number.
Call Transfer Internal
This feature allows an extension to transfer a call to another internal extension. You can transfer a call to an extension when the extension has answered, while ringing the extension, or while the busy tone is being received from the extension.
Call Waiting From External Calls
If you are on a call and your extension is presented with an external call, you will hear a call waiting tone and may place one call on hold to answer the second call.
Caller ID (Number)
When you receive a call, you will see the incoming number providing the caller didn’t block it.
Record you own music or special hold message for your callers. Your custom hold music or message can be easily uploaded through the Web-based Admin Portal.
Desk Phone Ringing Tones
You can select from multiple ringing tones.
Direct Inward Dialing (DID)
Each phone has its own phone number and extension.
Do Not Disturb
If your extension is set to Do Not Disturb, anyone trying to call you will be sent directly to your voicemail box.
eAgent Integration (CallScape)
When a call comes in, CallScape will pass the caller ID to eAgent and if it matches a number stored in eAgent, eAgent will open the contact.
Extensions are optional. They can be used for internal dialing by your users, when calling each other. They are also used by the Auto Attendant and Hunt Group systems for forwarding calls to users. You can select the length of extensions from 3-6 digits.
This feature allows you to lock your extension to prevent unauthorized users from making external calls. You use a Lock Password to lock, unlock, or to make calls from a locked extension.
You may assign names to extensions. This name will be displayed on the screens of the phones you call.
Fax Machine Integration
Fax machine integration allows you use your existing fax machine. Intermedia provides a “Fax Adapter” to allow your fax machine to connect with the Intermedia network.
Ring your office phone and cell phone at the same time.
Forward all calls from your extension. Before you leave your extension, you can forward all your calls to ring at another extension. Alternatively, you can forward all external calls presented to your extension to an external number.
Forward a Message from a Desk Phone
A user can forward a message from their voicemail box to any other voicemail box or create a group for easy voicemail distribution.
Create groups of people in your company to send or forward voicemail messages quickly and easily.
Your desk phone is equipped with a socket for a headset.
Instant Call Back
While listening to a voicemail message, press a key to instantly call the person back (right from your voicemail).
Incoming Call Alert (CallScape)
CallScape can alert you on your screen of all incoming calls and allow you to answer or reject the call.
Message Waiting Indicator
The desk phone has a red LED that blinks indicating that the user has voicemail.
The phones can support up to 2,4,6,8 (depending on the phone) simultaneous calls (e.g. call appearances). These can be from external or from internal extensions.
Music on Hold
When an external call is placed on hold, the caller is presented with hold music. Choose Intermedia’s hold music or upload your own.
Mute and Volume Control
The phones allow the users to raise the volume of the ringer, the speakerphone, and the audio or to mute the microphone on the speakerphone or handset with buttons.
Named Ring Groups
Named Hunt Groups allow you to know which Hunt Group was called by viewing the LCD display on the phone. This is ideal if you run two businesses from one location because you will know how to answer the phone based on what shows on the screen.
On Hook Dialing
A convenience that allows the user to just start dialing without first choosing a line.
Each desk phone has a personal phonebook (size of directory depends on phone). Calls can be made directly from the personal directory. Received, dialed and missed calls from the call lists can be edited and saved to the personal directory.
Real Time Call Monitoring with CallScape
Always know who is on the phone. CallScape is a FREE application that allows you to see who, within your company, is on the phone. Simply install on your Mac or PC and you are able to monitor, in real time, the status of all of the phones in your company regardless of the phone’s location. You can also drag any phone number or Outlook contact on top of CallScape and your phone will place the call.
After calling a person back from your voicemail box, instantly return to your voicemail box by pressing two keys.
Record Your Own Voice Mailbox Greeting
Each extension can record a customized greeting for their voicemail box.
Use the redial feature to redial the external number you most recently dialed.
Remote Voicemail Access
Remote voicemail access allows you to simply call your phone from any phone and quickly access voicemail messages.
Salesforce Integration (CallScape)
When a call comes in, CallScape will pass the caller ID to Salesforce and if it matches a number stored in Salesforce, Salesforce will open the contact.
Saved Number Redial
The ability to ring multiple phones in a specific order. If no phones are answered the call can be directed to a specific greeting or menu or voicemail box.
In addition to the last external number, the previous 10 numbers dialed are also stored and may be redialed.
Speed Dial Directory List
Each extension can program up to 400 individual speed dial numbers.
The phone allows three callers to be joined in a call together in a conference.
Every extension is allocated a voicemail box by default. Voicemail features include: delete, skip, or save messages – send messages to another mailbox – playback control when receiving messages – change personal greeting and password – 90 minute voicemail storage per voicemail box – message key to access voicemail – numeric message count indicator.
Voicemail to Email
When a voicemail message is left in your voicemail box, you can receive an email with the voicemail attached as a .WAV file.
Web-access to Voicemail
Each user may log into their personal web portal to listen to and manage voicemail messages.
With SmartFax Pro service you instantly receive faxes as PDF email attachments. You can view faxes on virtually any web-enabled device and forward to any email address.
Using a single local or toll-free number, you can receive faxes on your Windows PC (without special hardware) to send faxes to any fax machine.
Enhanced Features To Make Your Business Stand Out
Our Auto Attendant greets callers and routes calls to the right person or information 24 hrs per day. With Auto Attendant, you sound like a much larger, more professional business and you can program it using the Administrator Portal.
Call Queuing (ACD)
Call Queuing, a standard feature of Auto Attendant, allows callers to be distributed to specific groups of phones. If all of the phones in the group are busy the callers will receive your custom messages and options while they hold for the next phone to become available. Users can log in and out of Call Queues through their phones or personal web portals.
Enjoy enterprise quality phone conferencing and capabilities.
Our Hosted PBX service helps your staff be productive whether they’re at their desks or on the road.
- Automatically forward desktop callsto mobile phones with Find Me/Follow Me. Or, ring mobile and desk phones at the same time.
- Respond fasterwith voicemail-to-email.
- Enable your smartphone, or tabletto manage your Find Me / Follow Me settings. This helps you ensure that critical calls are reaching you virtually no matter where you are.
- Softphone Mobile Appallows staff to use their smart phone as an extension off the HPBX. Don’t miss a single call while on the road. When placing a call, present your office caller ID instead of your cell phone caller ID, and save on roaming charges.
CallScape phone/computer integration
CallScape works with both PCs and Macs to make calling easier and more efficient for both regular phone users and power users such as receptionists or administrative staff.
With CallScape, you’ll be able to:
- See user availability and status indicators– CallScape provides at-a-glance information on the availability of the members of your team. This is especially valuable for power users such as receptionists or assistants, because it allows them to check a person’s availability before transferring a call. A special view on the dashboard provides at-a-glance availability status of all contacts in the team. Callscape also includes mid-call control features including call transfer, call monitoring, ringing status and remote call pick-up.
- Integrate with Microsoft Outlook– CallScape integrates with Outlook’s address books to let employees consolidate their contacts information, instead of having to maintain a separate contact list on their phone. In addition, users can place calls directly from Outlook without having to dial on the phone.
- Control your phone with your computer– CallScape lets employees use their computer to simplify many phone-related tasks. They can receive notifications of new voicemails via the CallScape dashboard and listen to them right on their computer. They can also accept or reject calls with the click of a mouse.
- Integrate with your CRM system– For salespeople and customer support staff that use Salesforce, eAgent or other CRM systems, CallScape provides a significant productivity boost. As a call comes in from a customer, CallScape will launch the CRM and pull up the caller’s records based on the phone number.
Intermedia’s SmartConferencing service makes it easy to get groups of people on the same line—and on the same page.
- Connect up to 25 people on the same line with no reservations required
- Host up to 100 people on scheduled conferences
- Schedule conferences up to one year in advance
- Distribute unique control codes for host and guests
- Conferencing waiting relieves host of having to be first online
- Hold conferences from virtually any phone, anywhere with a private, toll-free dial-in number
- Choose between unlimited or pay-per-use billing plans